Environmental Discovery Center Summer Camp 2017
|Age Group||Dates||Camp Theme||Camp Description|
|June 12-16||Dig It!||Grab your shovels and gloves to discover what makes the garden grow! Campers will dig in the dirt to learn about the parts of a plant, different soil types, the importance of composting and more! At the end of the week, campers will bring home a plant to inspire gardening in their own home or yard!|
|July 10-14||Art in the Park||This combination of art and nature, together with outdoor play, gives campers a unique, hands-on art making experience that is active, stimulating, and tons of fun! From painting with leaves, to creating your own colors from nature, campers will be inspired by the world around them.|
|July 24-28||Animal Caretakers||Animal lovers and aspiring animal caregivers won't want to miss this camp! Learn the responsibility, care and needs of the Environmental Discovery Center’s animal collection such as, snakes, alligators, turtles, and more, with daily hands-on practice in care, handling and diet preparation. Field trips and outdoor experiences give campers a close look at how animals adapt to changes in their environment, why wildlife sometimes conflicts with humans, and why animals may need our help for a second chance.|
|July 31-Aug 4|
- 1 week of camp = $100; $25 discount for each additional camp (discount applies when registering the same child for multiple camps).
- Campers will receive one complimentary water bottle, reusable bag, t-shirt and camp photo. Additional camp supplies may be purchased; see camp counselor or EDC staff member for more information.
- All camps run Monday-Friday 9:00 am-3:00 pm
- 8:30 am-9:00 am -- camper drop off
- 3:00 pm-3:30 pm -- camper pick up
Terms and Conditions:
- If you plan to register your child for multiple sessions, be sure to check all sessions on the registration form and include all necessary fees. Please be sure to complete the registration form -- incomplete forms will not be processed. Registration forms are due no later than three (3) weeks prior to the start of your scheduled camp.
- Include separate registration forms for each child.
- Payment, in full, is due at the time of registration.
Cancellation and Refunds:
- Refunds will be issued if withdrawal from a camp is received at least one week (five working days) prior to the start of the camp. Failure to attend a camp without notification or cancellation will not result in a refund.
- In the event that a camp is cancelled by the Environmental Discovery Center, a full refund will be issued. Refunds take approximately two weeks to process.
- One snack and juice beverage will be provided each day; however, campers will need to bring a lunch.
- All camps include one visit to the Splash Pad (weather permitting).
Please complete the following forms:
Please mail completed forms to:
Environmental Discovery Center
Attn: Summer Camp
1110 Ben Gause Rd.
Coward, SC 29530
Forms may also be hand-delivered to the Environmental Discovery Center at Lynches River County Park located at 5094 County Park Rd. Coward, SC 29530 (Tuesday-Saturday 9:00 am-5:00 pm; Sunday 1:00 pm-5:00 pm).