Canoe and Kayak Rentals
Please call the Environmental Discovery Center at (843) 389-0550 or the Florence County Parks and Recreation office at (843) 667-0920 to schedule your rental.
The following rules and regulations apply to all rentals:
- Rentals cannot be made after 2:00 p.m.
- Youth participants must be five years or older and at least 50 lbs.
- Only two people per canoe; one person in single kayaks and two people per tandem kayak. At least one participant in each boat must be 18 years or older.
- A Personal Flotation Device (PFD) must be worn correctly at all times while on the river. PFDs are included in the rental price.
- Boats must be returned to LRCP no later than 4:00 PM (a portion of the deposit will be held if boats are not returned on-time).
- Rentals cannot be made if the temperature is less than 45° F and/or winds are higher than 30 mph. Rentals are also suspended when the river level is 8 feet or higher.
A security deposit of $50 per boat is due at the time of rental. All responsible person(s) must be able to provide a valid driver’s license and all adults must sign a rental agreement, which includes a liability waiver. Boats, and all other equipment, must be returned in good condition and on time to receive a refund of the security deposit.
Canoe and Kayak Rental Rates