Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations are provided to ensure that your visit is pleasant and enjoyable. These policies are maintained in consideration of our guests and to protect the resources within South Carolina’s county parks. Please be sure that all members of your party are aware of these conditions prior to arrival. While this abridged listing does not include all regulations pertaining to activities in county parks, it does address some of the more common questions and concerns.
Unlawful acts in county parks include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Destroying, defacing, disturbing or removing any part of any building, sign, structure or equipment.
- Destroying, cutting, breaking, removing, defacing, mutilating, injuring, taking or gathering any tree, shrub, other plant or plant part, rock, mineral, or geological feature except by permit issued by the Department.
- Dumping any refuse or waste, including gray water, from any trailer or other vehicle except in places or receptacles provided for such use.
- Possession of firearms is prohibited except by certified park rangers and other authorized personnel. Concealed weapons (even with a permit) are prohibited.
- Operating vehicles in a reckless manner, or in excess of posted speed limits, or in areas other than those specifically intended for vehicular traffic.
- Consuming or displaying in public any beverage of alcoholic content, including beer and wine, except where specifically authorized by the Department.
- Acting in a disorderly manner or creating any noise which would result in annoyance to others.
- Engaging in or soliciting business within a park or facility except where authorized by the Department; no person shall distribute, post, place or erect any bills, notices, paper or advertising device or matter of any kind without consent of the Department.
- Bringing a dog or any other animal into the park or facility unless it is crated, caged or upon a leash not longer than six feet or otherwise under physically restrictive control at all times.
- Entering a facility or area without regard to restrictions on public use.
- Use of gas grills, cookers and fryers is prohibited. Charcoal grills are permitted.